Whilst the children are helping to rake the leaves to stockpile for your Compost, they can set some aside for the following activity.
Materials you will need:
- Crayons (assorted colours)
- Autumn leaves (not too dry)
- Place a sheet of paper on top of the underside of the leaf.
- Hold the paper in place or use some tape on the corners.
- Gently rub the crayon side on over the leaf.
- Encourage your children to explore the detail in the leaf of the veins, and the patterns that are produced.
- Show them different types of leaves that will produce different results.
- Ask them to notice the differences in shape, line, texture, pattern and detail.
- Help them to identify the type of tree the leaves have fallen from.