Fried Potato Cake (called Imomochi in Japan) - Kenshin
2 Tbs Potato starch
Rice Bran oil
*25ml Soy Sauce
*25ml Mirin (Sweet cooking sauce)
*1 Tbs potato starch
*3 Tbs water
- Cut the potatoes to 1/4 size.
- Steam the potatoes until all soft even inside.
- During steaming mix the *marked ingredients together will in the saucepan and heat them with whisking well until thickened.
- Put the steamed potatoes into a bowl and mash them until smooth.
- Put 2Tbs potato start into the bowl and mix with mashed potatoes well until the potato starch powder has disappeared.
- Take some mashed potato with your hand to build a palm sized flat round shape for all mashed potato.
- Put pan-button-covered amount of oil on the frying pan and preheat the pan with high heat.
- After the pan is heated well, fry the potato cakes on the pan.
- Fry them until the both surface have been a bit brown.
- Put fried potato cakes on the plate.
- Pour the sauce over the fried potato cakes and serve them.