Schools Outreach Program
Ensuring accessibility to our program is central to our vision and mission. To achieve this we offer a Schools Outreach Program to public schools in communities where cost is a prohibitive factor for engaging specialist, external education programs. Working with funding partners, our goal is to generate more opportunities to offer our program free of charge in communities where there are diverse and complex instances of disadvantage.
About the Program
The Seed Harvest Spoon ‘Schools Outreach Program’ provides high-quality, integrated, environmental education lessons to children from Kinder to Year 6. We utilise the school garden as a catalyst for learning. Students develop skills and knowledge in:
- environmental sustainability and the natural world
- growing food and developing food security
- healthy cooking and nutrition literacy
- extension and special interest projects
Our outreach program wouldn’t be possible without the support of sponsors.
Sponsor a School or Early Childhood Service
How can you help? By sponsoring the school or community group of your choice.
Sponsors can nominate and fund a school or early childhood service to be the recipient of our outdoor learning programs.Individual schools and community groups are able to apply to be considered by a corporate sponsor. We maintain a list of applicants who are seeking funding for one of our learning packages.
Sponsorship of a school /early childhood centre starts from $2000.
Benefits of becoming a sponsor:
- Support a great cause.
- Contribute to improving student engagement with learning.
- Volunteer opportunities at school garden working bees.
- Logo representation on our website.
- Recognition in our newsletter for 12 months.
- A plaque to be displayed in the garden of your sponsored school.
- A framed certificate for display at your offices or place of work.
Contact us now to find out how to become a sponsor or to find out about becoming one of our outreach schools.